Learn More About Our Board Positions By Clicking:
Profile: The president is a passionate advocate for LGBTQ+ rights and inclusion, with strong leadership and organizational skills. They have a deep understanding of the challenges and experiences of the LGBTQ+ community.
- Provide overall leadership and direction to the board and the organization.
- Preside over board meetings and facilitate productive discussions.
- Collaborate with the university administration, LGBTQ+ organizations, and community partners.
- Represent the board and the organization at public events, meetings, and conferences.
- Oversee the implementation of board decisions and strategic initiatives.
- Demonstrate a commitment to advancing LGBTQ+ rights and fostering an inclusive campus environment.
- Possess strong communication, interpersonal, and decision-making skills.
- Effectively manage conflicts and build consensus among board members.
- Dedicate sufficient time and energy to fulfill the responsibilities of the role.
Profile: The vice president is a reliable and proactive individual who supports the president and assists in various leadership tasks. They have a genuine interest in LGBTQ+ advocacy and are committed to the organization's mission.
- Support the president in their duties and responsibilities.
- Act as the president in their absence or when delegated.
- Collaborate with other board members to develop and implement strategic initiatives.
- Assist in managing relationships with university departments and student organizations.
- Contribute to the planning and execution of events, campaigns, and initiatives.
- Demonstrate strong teamwork and collaboration skills.
- Exhibit initiative and the ability to take on leadership responsibilities.
- Be proactive in identifying and addressing emerging issues and opportunities.
- Attend board meetings regularly and actively participate in discussions and decision-making.
Profile: The treasurer is a detail-oriented individual with a strong financial background who ensures the financial stability and accountability of the organization. They have experience in financial management and adhere to ethical and transparent practices.
- Manage the organization's finances, including budgeting, financial planning, and reporting.
- Oversee financial transactions, bookkeeping, and record-keeping.
- Prepare and present financial reports to the board and stakeholders.
- Ensure compliance with financial policies, legal requirements, and accounting standards.
- Provide guidance on fundraising initiatives and financial sustainability.
- Possess financial literacy and knowledge of accounting principles.
- Maintain accuracy, integrity, and confidentiality in financial matters.
- Communicate financial information clearly and effectively to board members.
- Monitor and analyze financial data to inform strategic decision-making.
Profile: The secretary is a highly organized and detail-oriented individual who manages the administrative functions of the board. They have excellent communication skills and are responsible for maintaining official records and fostering effective communication within the organization.
- Record and distribute minutes of board meetings and maintain an organized record of board documents.
- Manage board correspondence, including emails, letters, and other communications.
- Coordinate logistics for board meetings, such as scheduling, venue arrangements, and meeting materials.
- Maintain an up-to-date roster of board members, committees, and their contact information.
- Support board member orientation and onboarding processes.
- Exhibit strong organizational and administrative skills.
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ensure accuracy and confidentiality in maintaining board records.
- Demonstrate attention to detail and the ability to multitask effectively.
Profile: The Vice President of Scholarships is a dedicated individual who is passionate about supporting LGBTQ+ students through scholarship programs. They have experience in scholarship administration and a strong commitment to educational opportunities for the LGBTQ+ community.
- Develop and implement scholarship programs and initiatives for LGBTQ+ students.
- Establish selection criteria, application processes, and evaluation procedures for scholarships.
- Promote scholarship opportunities and engage with potential applicants.
- Review and assess scholarship applications, including conducting interviews if applicable.
- Collaborate with university departments and external organizations to expand scholarship opportunities.
Profile: The Vice President of Alumni Relations is a relationship-builder who fosters connections among LGBTQ+ alumni and strengthens their engagement with the University of Florida. They have excellent networking skills and a passion for creating meaningful alumni experiences.
- Develop and execute strategies to enhance alumni engagement and involvement.
- Plan and coordinate alumni events, such as reunions, networking receptions, and educational programs.
- Cultivate relationships with LGBTQ+ alumni, promoting their involvement in the Alumni Association.
- Collaborate with other university departments to facilitate alumni participation in campus activities.
- Establish communication channels to keep alumni informed about the association's initiatives.
Profile: The Vice President of Communications is a skilled communicator who oversees the organization's communication strategies and ensures effective messaging to diverse stakeholders. They have expertise in marketing, public relations, and digital media.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive communication plan for the Alumni Association.
- Manage the organization's website, social media accounts, and other digital communication channels.
- Create and distribute newsletters, press releases, and other communication materials.
- Promote the association's activities, initiatives, and accomplishments to internal and external audiences.
- Collaborate with other board members and university departments to align messaging and branding.
Profile: The Director of Movie Nights is a film enthusiast who organizes monthly virtual movie nights for the LGBTQ+ alumni community. They have a passion for storytelling and creating engaging experiences through film.
- Curate a diverse selection of LGBTQ+-themed films for monthly virtual movie nights.
- Coordinate and schedule movie screenings, ensuring accessibility for participants.
- Facilitate discussions and engage participants in meaningful conversations after each movie.
- Collaborate with other board members and alumni to gather film recommendations and feedback.
- Promote movie nights and encourage participation among LGBTQ+ alumni.
Profile: The Director of Mentorship is a dedicated individual who develops and oversees the "Pathways to Pride" mentorship program, connecting LGBTQ+ students with alumni mentors. They are passionate about supporting the personal and professional growth of LGBTQ+ students.
- Develop and implement the "Pathways to Pride" mentorship program, including program guidelines, application processes, and matching criteria.
- Recruit and engage alumni mentors, ensuring a diverse range of professional backgrounds and experiences.
- Facilitate the matching process between mentors and mentees, considering their goals and interests.
- Provide ongoing support and resources to mentors and mentees throughout the program.
- Evaluate and assess the effectiveness of the mentorship program and make improvements as needed.
Profile: The Director of Panels is an organized and dynamic individual who plans and executes in-person and virtual panel discussions on topics relevant to the LGBTQ+ community. They have experience in event planning and creating engaging educational experiences.
- Identify relevant LGBTQ+ topics for panel discussions and secure knowledgeable panelists.
- Plan and coordinate logistics for in-person and virtual panel events, including venue selection, technology setup, and participant registration.
- Develop engaging panel formats and facilitate meaningful discussions among panelists and attendees.
- Collaborate with other board members, university departments, and community organizations to organize panel events.
- Evaluate the success of panel events and gather feedback for future improvements.
Profile: The Director of Annual Gala is an experienced event planner who leads the organization of a high-profile annual gala event aimed at driving engagement and donations for the LGBTQ+ alumni community. They have a strong background in event management and fundraising.
- Plan, organize, and execute the annual gala event, including venue selection, theme development, and coordination with vendors.
- Create a fundraising strategy and develop sponsorship opportunities to generate financial support for the event.
- Coordinate ticket sales, registration, and guest communications for the gala.
- Collaborate with other board members to secure keynote speakers, entertainment, and special guests.
- Oversee event logistics, including catering, audiovisual needs, and event program.
Profile: The Director of Reunion & Homecoming is an enthusiastic individual who plans and coordinates an event during the homecoming season to drive engagement among LGBTQ+ alumni. They have a passion for fostering connections and nostalgia among alumni.
- Plan and execute a reunion event during the university's homecoming season, tailored specifically to LGBTQ+ alumni.
- Collaborate with university departments and alumni relations to align the event with broader homecoming activities.
- Develop engaging programming, such as panel discussions, networking activities, and social events.
- Coordinate logistics, including venue selection, registration, and event promotion.
- Facilitate opportunities for alumni to reconnect with each other and with the university.
Profile: The Director of Pride is a passionate advocate for LGBTQ+ rights and equality. They lead the planning and execution of programming during Pride month to celebrate the LGBTQ+ community and drive awareness and engagement among alumni.
- Develop and implement a diverse range of programming during Pride month, such as educational workshops, social events, and advocacy initiatives.
- Collaborate with other board members, LGBTQ+ organizations, and community partners to organize Pride-related activities.
- Coordinate guest speakers, performers, and panelists for Pride events.
- Create marketing and promotional materials to raise awareness of Pride programming.
- Ensure that Pride events are inclusive, accessible, and align with the organization's mission and values.
Profile: The Director of Young Alumni is a dynamic and energetic individual who is responsible for engaging young LGBTQ+ alumni and fostering their involvement in the organization. They have a strong understanding of the needs and interests of recent graduates.
- Develop and implement strategies to engage and connect with young LGBTQ+ alumni.
- Plan and organize events and initiatives tailored to the interests and preferences of young alumni.
- Collaborate with university departments, student organizations, and young professional networks to foster connections.
- Utilize social media platforms and other communication channels to reach and engage young alumni.
- Provide mentorship and support to young alumni as they transition from university to their careers.
Profile: The Director of Membership is a dedicated individual responsible for engaging current and lapsed members of the organization. They have a strong understanding of the benefits of membership and are passionate about fostering a sense of belonging among members.
- Develop and execute strategies to recruit new members and retain current members.
- Plan and implement membership campaigns and initiatives to drive engagement and renewals.
- Coordinate membership registration, benefits, and communications.
- Collaborate with other board members to develop and deliver exclusive membership benefits and events.
- Gather feedback from members to continuously improve membership offerings.
- Monitor monthly membership report and engage with recently lapsed members.
Profile: The Director of Volunteers is a motivated individual responsible for engaging members and coordinating volunteer opportunities across events and initiatives. They have strong organizational skills and are adept at building relationships with members.
- Develop and implement a volunteer engagement strategy to recruit and retain members as volunteers.
- Coordinate volunteer opportunities for members across various events, programs, and committees.
- Communicate with volunteers to provide information, assignments, and support.
- Recognize and appreciate the contributions of volunteers to the organization.
- Collaborate with other board members and event leads to identify volunteer needs and roles.
Profile: The Director of Social Media is a creative and tech-savvy individual responsible for driving up engagement across social media platforms for the LGBTQ+ Affiliate Board. They have a deep understanding of social media trends, platforms, and best practices.
- Develop and implement a social media strategy to increase engagement and reach on various platforms.
- Create and curate engaging content (text, images, videos) relevant to the LGBTQ+ community at UF.
- Monitor social media channels, respond to inquiries, and engage with followers.
- Collaborate with other board members to gather content and promote events, initiatives, and campaigns.
- Analyze and report on social media metrics to evaluate the success of campaigns.
Profile: The Director of Outreach is a proactive and relationship-oriented individual responsible for building outreach strategies and fostering connections with on-campus resources, other affiliate groups, and other stakeholders that may support our affiliate group. They have a strong understanding of community engagement and partnership building.
- Develop and implement outreach strategies to connect with on-campus resources, LGBTQ+ organizations, and other affiliate groups.
- Identify opportunities for collaboration, sponsorships, and partnerships with relevant stakeholders.
- Represent the LGBTQ+ Affiliate Board at external events, conferences, and community gatherings.
- Maintain relationships with campus departments, student organizations, and community leaders.
- Collaborate with other board members to leverage resources and support for outreach efforts.
Profile: The Director of Newsletter and Website is a detail-oriented and tech-savvy individual responsible for managing the organization's newsletter distribution and updating the website with relevant content. They have a strong understanding of content management systems and email marketing platforms.
- Create and distribute regular newsletters to members, alumni, and stakeholders.
- Curate and edit content for the newsletter, ensuring it is engaging and informative.
- Manage the organization's website, ensuring it is regularly updated with relevant information, events, and resources.
- Collaborate with other board members to gather content for the newsletter and website.
- Monitor website analytics and optimize content for better user experience.